Sometimes it just works out better to give your parents or parents in law a Christmas gift that is for both of them to enjoy. It allows you to go a bit more expensive and get them something rather nice instead of smaller, separate gifts.
Typically, you’ll know just what they would want to receive. However, if you’re stuck for ideas, have a look at these:
1. Electronics or home appliances: It may be that your parents need a new computer or want a big screen television set. This is on the high end of your budget but if you can afford something of this magnitude, it’s easy to see how pleased your parents would be with such a gift. Of course, there are other types of electronic gadgets that your parents might enjoy so just pay attention to what they say they want.
2. Vacation of their Dreams: If your parents have always talked of how much they would love to take a cruise, here’s your chance to give them EXACTLY what they want. Your gift can be to book and pay for passage on a beautiful cruise ship that will take them where they want to go the most.
3. A Pet: Your parents may be experiencing the empty nest syndrome and have expressed the desire for a pet. Get specifics as unobtrusively as you can and then go find them the perfect pet. When you bring them their new pet, be sure to bring food and all other beginning supplies that they will need to start caring for their pet immediately.
4. A Night Out On the Town: Start with two tickets to a popular play followed by dinner for two in a high end restaurant. If you want, you can throw in a night’s stay at a luxury hotel. Imagine how delighted your parents will be.
5. Family Portrait: Get your parents and any siblings together and go have a professional photograph made. Buy copies for your parents as well as a framed portrait size photograph. This will be loved for years and years.
6. Surprise your mom with a great and affordable sewing machine