People tend to look on grandparents as somewhat doddering and handicapped so the Christmas gifts they buy for them reflect this. This is something that should not be practiced all the time as a lot of grandparents are of an age where they are still quite healthy and active.
These grandparents would love getting something fun for Christmas and it’s up to you to make sure that they’re excited about your gift when they open it. Have a look at the following ideas for some fun Christmas gifts for grandparents:
1. Matching Pajamas and Robes: Yes, this can be a truly fun gift for your Grandparents. Get them in fun designs or make them silk pajamas and velour robes. This is a really great Christmas gift for people that live in cold climates.
2. Golf, Tennis, Dance or Other Types of Lessons: If your grandparents have always wanted to learn how to play golf or tennis, or any other type of activity, you can make their dream come true. Pay for the lessons and get a card to place the gift certificate inside of. Your grandparents will have the time of their lives.
3. Dream Vacation: If you and the other grandkids get together, it may be possible to send your grandparents on the vacation that they’ve always dreamed of taking. Whether it’s a Caribbean cruise, a European tour, or an Amtrak trip around the United States, Christmas is the time to show them how much you care.
4. Family Photograph Album: This one may take you the whole year to put together but try to gather all the past family photographs you can and then put them into a photo album in chronological order. Be sure to date each photograph even if it’s only the year. You can include little anecdotes that go along with the photos and where they were taken.
5. Movie Rental Subscription: Sites like Netflix and Blockbuster are quite popular with all age groups. If your grandparents like to watch movies, you can pay for a subscription to one of these sites for a year’s worth of rental movies that your grandparents can enjoy.