Typically, people know their dads well enough to know what they should get them for Christmas. The problem comes in when you’re shopping for your boyfriend’s or girlfriend’s father, or even your husband or wife’s father. You may not know them well enough to get something they really want.
In most cases, you can simply consult with your partner. However, if you still are having some difficulty finding the perfect Christmas gift for Dad, check out the following ideas:
1. Sports Accessories: For the avid golfer or fisherman, there are always things that you can give as gifts, and every one of them will be greatly appreciated. You’re only limited by your budget. For instance, you can buy new personalized golf balls, a new tackle box, a whole set of new golf clubs or a new rod and reel. The list is really endless.
2. Magazine Subscriptions: This can actually go along with the sports accessories, or you can simply buy him a year’s subscription to his favorite magazine, whether it’s Field and Stream or TV Guide.
3. House Robe or Smoking Jacket: Either of these can be perfect gifts for your Dad. If you live in a colder climate, he might really appreciate a plush, warm robe that he can wrap up in on those cold nights. However, your Dad may be refined and prefer the look and feel of a smoking jacket that he can relax in after a long day.
4. DVDS: Your father most likely has some favorite movies that he’s loved throughout the years. Or maybe he’s gained some NEW and more recent favorites. This may require you to pay close attention to the movies your Dad watches or talks about, but you can surprise him with a collection of his favorite ones as a gift.
5. Male Jewelry: Nearly all men wear watches of some kind and this is always a great gift for Christmas. Add to that tie tacks and cufflinks and a money clip and you’ve got plenty to choose from.